Saturday, October 25, 2008

Look at my Creatures : San Diego Zoo :)

We went to the zoo Last Month while down in beautfiul San Diego for a wedding. SInce I was all ready spending the night there because of the 12 hours wedding day.. I figured why not make it a family weekend! It was so much fun. For those of you have never been to the San Diego ZOO.. you must go ! It is 100 times better thatn the LA Zoo. The animals actually come out and look at you. It is shaded and cool and the whole place is beautiful! Here are my fave images from the day. I love spending time with my family and I love seeing all the awesome creatures.


The first two creatures we saw were these funny looking mamals eating some kind of frozen snack!
IMG_1310
They seemd to be very consumed by the sweetness of the treat.
IMG_1305
I even got one of them to take a picture with me by promising more treats later.
IMG_1396
I saw this very attractive creature waliking on a brigde and caught up to him to get a picture.
IMG_1387

Many of the creatures were resting.
IMG_1432

Some were so hungry they began to eat dead trees.
IMG_1502

The attractive one was able to catch the two funny looking ones for a moment. I couldn't resist a picture of this too,

IMG_1534

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE 8 Legged Creatures... DO not keep looking at this post. I do not hold myself liable for any damages you may cause to your own computer screen after viewing the next 2 images... :)
After that we saw that the creepy creatures were trying to web us into the park and we quickly ran away.. This was hard being that the webs were only 5 feet above our heads.

IMG_1539

I can't think of anything clever to say here, just ahhhhhhh! and ewwwwwww! and that you have to walk under these webs to get down from the polar bear plunge and most people didnt even know they were there.
IMG_1547
The funny looking creatures caught thsi giant hippo and it just gave up! The power of small children is amazing!

IMG_1557

This creature thought I was boring.

IMG_1585

Now my favorites:
This is what my house looke like during the weekend when I'm not there....

IMG_1664
A calmer creature asked me to do her headshots:

IMG_1608

More faves: Look at the love: This takes my breath away! I could totally be a wild life photog!

IMG_1744

So cute! looks like a little kid.

IMG_1792

IMG_1855

That was our adventure this summer.. well one of them.. There were many many others and I plan to blog a summer highlight post soon!

Happy Saturday (only my second free one in months-sad and happy my shoot was cancelled today)

Party time tonight!

5 comments:

Keeping Amber Entertained said...

Omg!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!! I love the Tiger, the tiger is my favorite animal.

Anonymous said...

Your family is adorable!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me! Leave it to me to click enter w/o putting my name! :)

Ryel j said...

So adorable!!! What a fun day!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

we've never been to the la zoo, but we do LOVE the sd zoo! awesome pics! glad you had fun! love the last gorilla shot! happy halloween!

oh the love!!!