Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mr and Mrs Gonzales with the AWESOME photog drewb!

I had the great pleasure of working with my super photographer friend Drew Newhard-Bittel. second shooting for her is really a treat. She even gives me the chance to express my creativity on her couples at times. Last Saturday we shot the wedding of Lauren and Doug Gonzales. We began at Lauren's family home with some getting ready candids.

Then we were off to Pitcher Park to create a first look for the happy couple. This was really fun and a super time saver. Having Lauren and Doug see each other before the ceremony may seem a bit untraditional, but it holds many perks. No waisting reception time away from your guests, a chance for a super emotional moment between your Bride ans Groom with out the constraints of the church rules, and it is always different for each couple! Here are some fun wedding party shots ablong with the first look.


After the park we followed Lauren and Doug to the Orange Circle fore some fun city shots. It is always a blast to see people with their googling eyes as the B&G raom around a down-town setting!

This is my favorite of the day. Totally different than my usual faves.. but thats why I like it.


The Orange County Museum of Art hosts weddings and receptions Lauren and Doug held their reception here and I must say it was breath-taking! I love when the colors of the day are based off one solid and accented with variations (pink in this case) of the same hue! There were hundreds of candles and awesome pink rocks glittering on every table. The style of dinng was completely casual and fun. Not any formal serving, but absoultley stylishly set-up! The site also allows an in-door/out-door combo. Great for visiting and partying alike! Instead of a seating list or place cards the couple had a note on each table informing that a donation had been made in thier name to the Autism Awareness Foundation. I thought this was very classy, what a great way to thank their guests.



You know I couldn't let this hot pick wedding day pass by without some funky ring shots!

The fabulous cake.
Doug and Lauren have a wonderful set of friends family who gave very touching speaches. It was so emotional.. I was again happy to be hiding behind my camera!
I will end with this sweet pink ring detail. Thanks to Drewb for showing me a great time and to Lauren and Doug for a spectacular day. Keep scrolling to find the slideshow link.
Check out a Slideshow of Lauren and Doug's wedding day.

No comments:

oh the love!!!