Thursday, March 27, 2008

engagement: Kim & Danny

So, how lucky am I that it was pouring rain when my awesome couple, Danny & Kim, had decided on Malibu for their engagement pictures. We decided to shoot anyway, but played it safe and went to the Claremont Colleges. It ending up perfect! The college provided many covers for us to shoot under while still letting us use the beautifully defused light of the day. When I'm shooting my couples during their engagement session, I think about what I will write later on my blog when I post the fun pictures. The best way to get some great commentary going is to mention my blog itself. I often use weird words or phrases to get a giggle or smile out of my couples while discussing this. Kim and Danny really didn't need any help in this department. They came up with their own caption ( which is hidden somewhere in this post. ) If i gave them my own personal caption it would be *Kim + Danny, rockstars extraordinaries * Here are a ton of great images from our rainy day. ... We had a lot of fun and choosing the pictures was hard, so, I posted too many! Enjoy! click here for the rainy day slideshow of Danny and Kim


One of my faves from the day. Below...



Really like this one too!

I had to keep asking Kim to turn her model magic off. She is so great in front of the camera and really knows how to get Danny to respond to my camera as well. Once you get to know me, my style is more of "let me take pictures of you just being together" rather than " smile and say CHEESE" .. Anyway I finally decided to let Kim have her moment and play around.. so of course she says " what am I supposed to do?" I say.. :do what I have been telling you to stop.. ya know pump it up .. show me some attitude!" OH.. that.. so here they are the coolest couple ever looking not at all awkward or unusual ! :)
Right there!! thats what I wanted! LOVE IT! Fave of the day below.







Thanks Danny and Kim for being so awesome and HEY... thank you so much for DINNER! It was the best. And thanks for hanging with me during your surprise going away party :) I can't wait for the wedding.

2 comments:

Will Parris said...

These are so awesome!! I love the ones of them in the grass and the wicked awesome tree's!! Great job amiga!

Anonymous said...

thanks Will.. i love that tree/grass shot too.
sandie

oh the love!!!